Balance: Love blog 2018

“Things will never be right around you until they are right in you.” ~ Terry Savelle Foy

“person holding gray stainless steel pitcher beside window” by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

This is the third week of the love blog challenge and I am going to schedule this post-Tuesday. So that means that today is Sunday. I have never scheduled posts but this love blog challenge is making a responsible lady out of me, thanks, Brita.
Today’s post is about balance.

How do I achieve balance?

I have a notebook that I write my to do and to buy lists. They are divided into daily, weekly, and monthly. This keeps me in check about spending my time and money and whether or not am misusing it. So, if I’m out having fun, I’ve probably crossed some if not all the things that need to be done.

Apart from my time and money, I also balance between school and life. Most times I am in school so I make sure that every day after a bit of study I unwind with music or YouTube. I am just coming back to blogging after a long break, so I can’t talk about how I balance that, new year, new me. By the way, guys, thank you for your support, the views, comments, likes, the interaction feels like I never left.

Also, balance for me is God is in the equation of everything I do. Currently, I use the daily devotional called Open Heavens by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. It’s available as an app or as a hard copy. Hard copies are sold worldwide plus you can buy them during your national or regional conference. For example, The Kenyan and East African will be on May and November respectively so I can buy there if the Lord wills.

The benefits of balancing my time and energy:

• It prevents me from spreading myself too thin and getting fatigued. I write a lot for this blog, for www.afyasmilekenya.co.ke, and as a freelancer because one of the goals this year is financial freedom.
  • I have time for my friends and family. I am known to zone out and be into work mode for a long time so balance is being able to work while at the same time not severing my relationships.
  • Be more effective. I find that I am more effective when I strive and attain balance with Christ at the center. If at some point my relationship with Christ begins to suffer, I am the most ineffective and restless I can ever be.

Do I seek friends who balance my strengths and weaknesses;

Of course yes. In areas that I feel I need to grow I read the Bible on those areas, books and seek friends that have conquered in those areas. This doesn’t mean I cannot be friends with people who have more weaknesses than I do, on the contrary, it’s all about pushing them forward into conquering them and moving on. However, they also have to be willing to grow otherwise we all stagnate.
Balance for me is having healthy work-life, healthy friendships and healthy past times.

How do you achieve balance? Let me know in the comments.

You may also like : Wellness: Love Blog Challenge 2018

(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)

16 Comments

1. disletti February 12, 2018 at 6:39 am

Beautiful words to follow. I have a similar list so I don’t spread myself too thin either. Having both anxiety and depression I find audiobooks soothing for me, so that’s where I make time (about 30 minutes each day) to listen to the Bible and some scripture from an audiobook called Jesus Always. It’s a book with daily scripture words to enhance your day. It’s wonderful. Your words inspire me to take better action in my life. I too often allow myself to get stagnant and I shouldn’t do that to myself. Thank you 😊

1. Sarah February 12, 2018 at 7:02 am

Awww, you’re welcome. I find audio books to serious to soak in. I used to have anxiety but I conquered that. I’ll link a post here for you too.❤

1. disletti February 12, 2018 at 7:06 am

Oh thank you. I appreciate it very much. I feel as though I’ll never conquer it but I keep trying. ❤️

1. Sarah February 12, 2018 at 7:24 am

You’ll conquer, in fact let me look for post

1. disletti February 12, 2018 at 11:14 am

2. Sarah February 12, 2018 at 11:36 am

You’re welcome

2. GingerGoose Boutique February 14, 2018 at 5:15 am

Balance is something I am constantly striving for. I have a pretty chaotic and busy lifestyle and to be honest I find I prefer it that way but I also have learned to be better about having down time. I’m still figuring out that work, blog, projects, self-care and have time with my friends thing a bit but I’ve found that since I’ve stopped stressing about having this perfect equation of all those things it flows more naturally and creates a natural balance in my life. I’m learning to listen to my body and my mind and when I’m tired to take the time, to bow out of plans when I need to. To create balance we also have to create boundaries. My idea of my personal balance changes week to week, month to month, even day to day. P.S. I’m all about the notebooks and lists too! My life definitely feels more balanced when I have a place to get all of those thoughts and to-dos out of my head!

1. Sarah February 14, 2018 at 6:29 am

I also prefer to be busy as it keeps me grounded and focused. Yes, planning helps a lot.

1. GingerGoose Boutique March 4, 2018 at 5:19 pm

I never looked at it from that perspective. I feel a little lost and scattered when I’m not busy so I think you may be on to something here : )

3. Kayla Whitter February 27, 2018 at 2:09 pm

It’s awesome that you’ve really got a method to stay balanced in life! It seems you’re really a planner and I think that may help. I know sometimes balance can be hard to achieve, but I definitely feel like it’s different for everyone!

1. Sarah February 27, 2018 at 3:48 pm

It’s definitely different for every one. As we are all different and have different belief system

4. Pingback: Do You have fun? – Sarah Nderi