Boundaries, My Take
Morning guys, today is the 14th day of the love blog challenge and we have been consistent. Happy valentines to all the single and taken ladies and gents out there. If you’re not taken, send in your prayer request so I can pray for you right? On a serious note, check out my valentine’s post here .
I love boundaries, it’s good when people know how far you’re willing to go and/or accommodate. This way no one is all over your space or doing things that normally irritate you. It’s also good to respect other people’s boundaries.
Boundaries that I set in my life;
- I arrange things a certain way. If you come to my place, you’re in my space. DO NOT rearrange anything. I arrange it in a certain way for decor,accessibility and convenience.
- If I lend you something, let me not remind you about bringing it back. Have you ever lent someone, and they took ages to return the item? I mean come on, I don’t want to nag you.
- I DO NOT share clothes with anybody unless my mom or sister. Don’t wear my clothes because I would never wear your clothes.
- My place is not a lodging, don’t overstay your visit. I mean this in a nice way. Half the time I’ll be forfeiting what I would normally be doing so I find ways to entertain you. It sounds selfish I know, but I got goals to get to.
- If I say NO, I mean it.
- I have a structure or a set way of doing things and if someone jeopardizes that, I feel terminally ill(sorry). For example if you take my laptop without borrowing and I look for it all over, there’s going to be trouble.
- If I give you my notes, return on time and don’t give the pages of the book dog ears (folds at the edges)
- My parents are my PARENTS, don’t come to me with a story about them. Trust me, I know.
- I don’t call married friends after 6 pm in the evening because where were you, and where was I the whole day? If I do, I don’t know they are married or it’s urgent.
Keep Boundaries where Needed
Boundaries protect me from arguments and fights. Or the tension that comes with unintentionally hurting someone. They are a great way of maintaining healthy and respectful relationships.
Whether emotional or physical, they are essential in that you also get to protect your beliefs. If it contradicts your belief system or your faith don’t do it. I have learned this year to create boundaries when it comes to what I believe in because I don’t want to pollute it.
They are also great if you don’t believe in sharing a lot about yourself. I’m a sharer. I share a lot but this year I want to tone it down and I can see that I’m achieving this.
What boundaries are key in your life? Let me know in the comments.