Passions; Let your heart glow.

Today’s prompt is Passion. It’s the 20th day of the 2018 love blog challenge and so far so good. Passions make your heart glow, with purpose, inspiration, and hope. They lift your strength.

My passions are mostly books, travel, comedy, great friendships and music.
My parents, especially dad introduced me to novels and pacesetters since I was 7 years old. He brought me a book each day and since then I have been reading ever since. We also share with my dad the love of poetry and music, and most of our favorite poets are African poets. I love reading African writers, stories about Africa by Africans. No one else has this continent’s interests at heart and so she should step up of which she’s doing that.

Another of my passion is Africa and African economics. This is my course in school and I love talking about economics, international economics and the true and second narrative of Africa as opposed to the narrative that’s out there and that is always the first story, and obviously not told by Africans😒.There’s more to Africa than landscapes, wildlife or “poverty “.

Travel. Yes, let’s go for a long drive and explore. I’m hoping to travel more from April and discover more. God willing I’ll be done with school end March.
Comedy, plays, and sitcoms are also my passion. I’ve always wanted to be part of the team writing the script. That would be amazing! I am currently watching Grownish, though I feel Blackish did a better job.

Great friendships. I have great friends. I thank God for them. I’m almost tempted to call one out here because this is childish, we need to drop it😉😩.
I love music, discovering new music and writers, comedies, geopolitics and books. What are your passions? Let me know in the comments.
Love, S.

(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)

17 Comments

1. The Blond Pond February 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm

Your father sounds amazing. I’m also SO behind what you say about the narrative around Africa, it’s such an amazing continent full of riches of all kinds, cultures and languages and beauty all around and in the West we really rarely celebrate it. All we see are the charity adverts about the poorer pockets of what is a massive territory, or at best travel documentaries. I have a Ghanan friend who recently decided to leave London to go live there even if she was born and raised here and following her adventures on Instagram is amazing.

1. Sarah February 20, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Thanks. And the funny thing about those adverts is there’s almost definitely a fly buzzing around the ‘poor’ kids. No matter how poor people are here, they swap away flies. Yeah. There is definitely beauty in Africa, apart from wildlife and landscapes.

2. Brita February 21, 2018 at 2:53 am

These are great passions! My parents encouraged my love of reading too.
    I honestly don’t know much about Africa, but considering what the media gets wrong about places I’ve lived, I’m not at all surprised that the Western media depicts Africa unrealistically. What I love about the Internet is the opportunity to seek out media and learn from people around the world.

1. Sarah February 21, 2018 at 4:16 am

Thanks Brita. The internet has come a long way.

3. Pingback: Solitude; Let your toes burrow the sand. – Sarah nderi

4. Pingback: Mistakes; An adult is to Apology… – Sarah nderi

5. Pingback: Taking Stock One; Love blog 2018 – Sarah nderi

6. Pingback: The Blond Pond - My favourite posts from 3 years of the Love Blog Challenge #LoveBlog2018

7. Pingback: Books, and more Tidbits. – Sarah nderi

8. kutukamus May 21, 2018 at 11:47 am

I love “Xala”, a movie from Senegal by Ousmane Sembène (1975). A delightful comedy, in my opinion. Perhaps you’d like to give it a try (just in case you haven’t). 🙂 Cheers!

1. Sarah May 21, 2018 at 11:50 am

I will check it out, Cheers!

9. Tidbits June 4, 2018 at 6:40 am

Passion is a fuel through which our existence grows. I agree with your post – very well brought out. Hping ot see more of you here 🙂

1. Sarah June 4, 2018 at 8:05 am

Thanks, yes you will.

1. Tidbits June 4, 2018 at 8:19 am

thanks ! 🙂 🙂

10. Pingback: Gratitude – Sarah nderi

11. Pingback: Books, and more Tidbits. - Blog

12. Pingback: Taking Stock 2018 : The Love Blog Challenge is Over!