When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision. ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Happy Thursday guys, days are flying at an amazing rate giving no time for procrastination.
Today we continue on Individuality and dwell more on the package deal. You as a package. Every package, has it’s description, it’s dos, don’ts and how to store it. As individuals we have different personalities, react differently and are angered by somewhat different situations or outcomes.
When I decided to be single and work on my goals, school and writing. I wrote about the package and the real deal.
The Package and The Real Deal.
Sometimes the real deal is way better than the description on it, sometimes worse, sometimes you have to man-oeuvre to really get it’s content which is also not a bad thing.
The real deal blankets your beliefs, ideals,your opinions, personal boundaries etc
The real deal could be the same for him, ie what you look for, what’s the real deal for you, in terms of beliefs, backgrounds, age etc The package is more about your interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes and activities.
If I were to write the package for myself or rather what I wrote then was;
- Eonomist and Statistician- I am not doing all these maths to shelve them. I hope to use them practically.
- Christian blogger – Christ will always be a part of me. I can’t afford to compromise that. I started this blog as an outlet for my faith and I have not sold out.
- Beauty and Fashion blogger – I’ve always loved fashion and I would love to do something in that field but I leave that to God.
- Writer- I love writing. I enjoy it. Yes it requires discipline, yes sometimes I cringe when I think about it but It’s what I love and enjoy. Check out my latest post at AfyaSmile Kenya
The Real Deal
- Christian- my faith is important to me. I have been in an unequally yoked relationship. I know the impact it has on someone’s life as even now there are some elements. I wrote about it Yoking with unbelievers.It may have seemed intolerance and all that, but I have learned what it means by guarding your salvation jealously and trust me a lot of boundaries are needed in the current world. This is a Christian blog, am not perfect but am not going to apologize on what is right. I respect other people’s beliefs though I may not necessarily agree with them.
- Stable – This applies to all parties. Not so much related to finances unless you’re getting married soon but peace and contentment. Dealing and healing from the past.
Your history becomes my history and so do yours mine.
- Kind, Fun and adventurous.
This is what I wrote back then, obviously my opinions are now well versed, more knowledge and more raw experience. This post was quite lengthy and thanks if you read and stayed the whole time.
How do you achieve Individuality in your relationship? Let me know in the comments.
Listening to Broken Vessels(Amazing Grace) by Hillsong Worship