The Ultimate Travel Bucket List for 2019

My list might surprise a lot of people because it’s not the usual Maldives, Australia, Britain list. I actually want to explore Africa, although I have heard and read that this can be pretty difficult, due to the prices and Immigration policies.

It’s actually considered cheaper to explore Europe than it is considered to explore Africa for Africans. So it’s cheaper for Africans to explore other continents than it is for them to explore their own continent.

This is something we ought to change as Africans if we want to grow the Continent. We should all encourage Pan-Africanism.

Nonetheless, the future is for those who dream.

Lamu, Kenya

image source: travelstart.co.ke

I have not been to Lamu, you guys! Any other Kenyan that hasn’t been to Lamu; we’re meeting behind the tent 🙂

How serious is that? Lamu is so beautiful and white beaches. I am going to start saving and planning for it for sure.

Cairo, Egypt

Photo by Ali Hegazy on Unsplash

I have wanted to go to Cairo for the whole year and almost did (a story for another day). However, it is still on my bucket list. I want to see the historic sites, snorkel, have a group tour, visit major cities like Alexandria and Aswan and possibly even work in Egypt.

Comoros Islands

Photo by Artiom Vallat on Unsplash

I think I just love nature, the beach, perfumes and spices going by my list. I love spices, enough to smell them, eating them, not as much.

Although the language spoken is French. Swahili is also spoken which is an advantage for me.

Zanzibar

Photo by Javi Lorbada on Unsplash

I would love to practice all the Swahili in me in Zanzibar. Swahili is the National and Official language in Tanzania and their Swahili is better than that of Kenyans due to this policy.

Marrakech, Morocco

Photo By Gonzalez Machado

Something bout Morocco reminds me of James Bond. I don’t know if it’s the belly dancing or Bond in a Kanzu disappearing among the locals.

Maybe it’s the jewellery stalls or rich history. It’s on the list for me.

These 5 places in Africa are on my top 2019 list. I hope I make it visit two.

What’s on your list for 2019?

(Visited 111 times, 1 visits today)

15 Comments

1. Anna Parker January 1, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Those islands sound stunning!

2. binita shah January 1, 2019 at 8:46 pm

I’m from Kenya and my client specialises in Africa so if you want any help planning just let me know 🙂

1. Nderi Sarah January 2, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Wow thanks Binita, I am just from Immigration to take my passport documents. This is my 22nd birthday to me :). I will hit you up when my planning progresses and becomes more conclusive. Ahsante.

3. Emma January 2, 2019 at 8:48 am

Cairo is an amazing place to visit – I’m lucky to have an uncle and aunt living over there so I’ve been 3 times now!
    Em x

1. Nderi Sarah January 2, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Yeah, you are so lucky Emma. One day I will visit there for sure.

4. Ayla January 3, 2019 at 10:17 pm

Africa is my favourite continent and Tanzania and South Africa are my very favourite countries in the whole world. Very excited to be going back to South Africa in March! Hope you get to explore more of Africa 🙂

1. Nderi Sarah January 5, 2019 at 7:05 am

It is my favourite content too. I have some plans so, fingers crossed :)!

5. April | April Everyday January 4, 2019 at 7:11 am

Kenya, Cairo and Zanzibar all sound so amazing! I’ve wanted to visit all three for so long! I hope you get to tick some off your list this year!
    xo April | April Everyday

1. Nderi Sarah January 5, 2019 at 7:04 am

I live in Kenya. If you’re ever in Nairobi and need assistance, reach out 🙂

6. Jessi (Two Feet, One World) January 4, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Yay for exploring the places around you – and what fantastic destinations! Cairo and Zanzibar are such evocative names to me, and the Comoros Islands sound amazing!

1. Nderi Sarah January 5, 2019 at 7:03 am

Hi Jessi, yes I want to start with my city, my country and continent and then other places. But if opportunities rise for other places, I’m game too.

7. Keri | Ladies What Travel January 7, 2019 at 11:11 am

Zanzibar’s high on my list, sounds like a really interesting place to visit! #Travellinkup

1. Nderi Sarah January 9, 2019 at 9:23 am

I know right? It’s a must happen for sure!

8. Pingback: 5 Places To Try Local African Cuisine in Nairobi - NderiSarah